As of January 1, 2013, Driving Schools in Washington State were approved to administer DOL written and Driving Tests. B&B Driving School is an approved site to administer testing for the Department of Licensing. We are not the Department of Licensing.
If you do not have a Washington State ID card or permit you will need to apply online by visiting dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/preapply.html. Make sure to keep the number they send you. You will need it to take a written or road test.
Written tests are given to those who are at least 15 1/2 years old. You will need to study the Washington State Drivers Guide which you will find at dol.wa.gov, click on Learn how to get a drivers license.
What you need in order to test:
- Picture ID
- ID # from License Express or State ID
- $20 (cash only)
Please call (509) 466-2343 for testing sites and times. We administer written tests Monday - Saturday.
If you are 18 years or older you must pass a written test. Once you have passed a written test and you feel confident to pass a road test you may call and make an appointment at (509) 466-2343. We administer road tests Monday - Saturday at various testing sites throughout Spokane.
If you are 15 to 17 years old you must have completed drivers education and passed the DOL written test to schedule a drive test. You may not get your license until you are at least 16 years old. You must also have had your permit for 6 months and have 50 hours of parent led practice including 10 hours of night time driving.
*For more information on what you need for a drive test including what to expect on your drive test and vehicle condition go to dol.wa.gov >> How to get your first license - Drive Test.
B&B DRIVING SCHOOL POLICIES REGARDING EXAMINATIONS
1. The fee for the Knowledge exam is $20.
2. The fee for the Skills exam is $55 (Must be paid upfront to schedule an appointment).
3. Retake of the knowledge exam is $20.
4. Retake of the skills exam is $35. *These fees are separate from the fee charged for your Traffic Safety Course and DOL's application and licensing fees* *If you are a B&B student, who started class after January 2013, your class fee may have included testing fees*
5. The Knowledge exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions about traffic safety laws. Applicants must answer at least 32 questions correctly to pass the exam.
6. The drive test will test the applicants' ability to drive legally and safely. Applicants must pass the driving test with a score of least 80%.
7. Your exam scores will be entered into the DOL database within 24 hours. You will have to visit the DOL office to apply for your license. Passing the knowledge and drive test does not guarantee that an applicant will be issued a driver license. The Department of Licensing will determine if an applicant has met all licensing requirements. If you are under the age of 18 you must be at least 16 years old, successfully completed a traffic safety education course, have had your permit for at least 6 months and have had 50 hours driving experience with at least 10 night driving hours to apply for your driver's license.
8. The Department of Licensing reserves the right to conduct random re-examinations; applicants refusing to take a re-examination may have their license revoked.
9. Refunds will be handled as follows: No Refunds
10. Rescheduling will be handled as follows: B&B Office must be called by the business day before, between 9am-4pm to avoid a $20 rescheduling fee. Office number is 509-466-2343. If your vehicle does not meet requirements to test there will be a $20 rescheduling fee.
11. Our grievance/complaint policy consists of the following: Please email all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. We reserve the right to refuse services to anyone.
13. If you received a letter from DOL to take an examination due to a physical, mental, visual or any medical issue, you must test at a DOL office. Failure to disclose this information prior to testing will result in your test not being honored at DOL to obtain your license and we will not refund the test fee.
14. Your car must be legal to operate on public streets. This includes, but is not limited to: windshield, seat belts, wipers, defroster, tires, mirrors, all brake and reverse lights, turn signals and be legally licensed/tabs current.
15. You will need to demonstrate arm signals prior to beginning the skills test.
16. Pursuant to RCW 46.20.720 a driver convicted of an alcohol offense may be required to have an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in order to drive. The applicant must take the skills exam in their vehicle using the IID.
17. Applicants wishing to use their own vehicle for their skills exam are required to provide proof of insurance and current registration, (current tabs), on the day of the test.
18. At the time of the test, provide proof of identification such as a photo permit, out of state license, or school year book.
"Thanks to B&B Driving School, I passed both my written and drive tests with flying colors."
"B&B really gets it."